Complete Kits are no longer available.
A Pattern Only option is available.
Choose the Pre-Printed Template Pack for big time-savings: all of the templates required (40+) for the pieced blocks in the quilt are printed on Jinny Beyer Template Film for you. Just cut and go!
Backing Required: 5 yards
Suggested Backing: 0212-01 (blue/light), 0496-02 (blue/dark) 2102-04 (red/light), 2450-04 (red/dark)
The earliest versions of this pattern had the following errors:
- There were two errors in the original Border Print Cutting Guide on page 6 of the General Instructions. The page with the revised illustration can be downloaded here: Cosmos Revised Border Print Cutting Guide. The errors corrected are:
- the M Templates on the first stripe illustrated are labeled incorrectly. The triangles incorporating the full stripe at the edge are used in Block 11; the other triangles, incorporating only a portion of the stripe, are used in Blocks 5 and 9.
- for the Q patch to match the fabric design in the block exactly, the Q template must be moved up slightly on the border print stripe.
Q-Patch with Seam Allowances
- For Block 8, the Q patch including seam allowances would look like the illustration (right) when adjusted as described above.
- In the Block 13 pattern, you should cut eight patches from Fabric 9 using Template QQ (not four).