Some earlier versions of the Summer Lily Diamond Table Runner Colorway Guide should be corrected as follows:
- The instructions for Unit C should read:
- Unit C: Make 2 using 10″ strips. (Only two units are required.)
Early versions of the pattern should be corrected as follows:
- On page 1 of the Consolidated Cutting Instructions (available with the purchased version of the pattern only), there is an error for Fabric 1 – Alternate Block. The cutting instructions for All Methods should read (24) 1½” x 6½”, not 16½”.
- Block 1: Step 2 on page 1 should read Foundations, not Both Methods. If you are making the blocks using templates only, follow the instructions and illustrations on the following page in the section labeled Templates.
- The Block 1 foundations are mislabeled on early versions of the pattern so the completed foundations don’t match the pattern illustrations. Foundation 1-2 has a slight angle on the short side.
- Block 9: In Step 3, the first small triangles are labeled 9-C; they should be 9-E. The instructions for that step should also refer to 9-E. (Corrected in downloadable version 09/10/2013.)
- Block 12: The steps “Making the Block” are Step 3. The text references to 12-A should be to 12-C. The illustrations are correct.
The following correction should be made to some earlier versions of the pattern:
- Diagram 5: The label “B” on the leftmost block in the fourth row down should be an upside-down “B”. The block image is accurate; it is the label on the block which should be rotated.
The original pattern included an incorrect cutting layout for Fabrics 1, 4, 7 and 10 on page 7. The correct layout is provided below. The fabric yardage indicated in the pattern is sufficient to cut the required number of patches when they are layed out as shown in the revised layout.
Colorplay Pattern – Revised Cutting Layout
In addition, the Block B image in Step 4 and the quilt images have been refined to better reflect how the fabric points come together in the center of the block.
Colorplay Revised Images